News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Studio 1535 Latency Problem: Speak English?

Started by SoulLifter, December 16, 2008, 03:23:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What is this for?

Something
0 (0%)
Nothing
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

SoulLifter

Hi,

I hope someone can speak English here and help me.  I've been having a problem with terrible DPC latency on my Dell 1535 notebook and cannot seem to fix it.  There is a forum post here (in German) which seems to have a fix for the problem but I cannot understand it.  Can someone please translate the fix in English?  It seems like it deals with the Wireless 1397 802.11g Half Mini Card.  

Here is the original post:

http://www.notebookcheck.com/forum/index.php/topic,14561.0.html

For more information on the problem (in English) please check this post here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75067

Can someone please explain to me the solution in English?  I have already tried disabling my WLAN card both in Vista, XP and in my BIOS which does not help.  I need to fix this latency spike which occurs every 4 seconds and causes problems with my audio.  I attached a picture of my problem from DPC Latency Checker.  I bought my notebook so I could do high-end audio work for DJ'ing.

Thanks!     :D

archer

Hi!
I'll do my best... :)

One of the possible fixes was, as you said, the deactivation of the WLAN-Card, which dosn't seem to help in every case.

Yet another fix was this one:
Open the Device Manager, search your WLAN-Card, then open the Properties for it.
There are a lot of options then. One of it should be a list of the used frequenzy bands. Default option is (as I think) a/b/g.
Use a different setting, that does not use the "a"-band, for example b/g.

Made things a little better with my M1330... :D

Next step is to use the newest drivers for your card, which you shold be able to find at the dell-homepage.

A completely different solution is to use a different WLAN-card.
Some users got a Dell wireless 5300 from dell, that seems to have no DPC probs.
But also some now have problems with their connection-quality, as said in a different thread  :-X

I hope one of this hints can help you.  ;)

Greetz,
Archer

EDIT: The use of Windows XP istead of Vista seems also to be a possible solution.
EDIT2: As I saw, you already tried installing XP...Tried getting the drivers a the manufacturers homepage? Thats the only way for getting up-to-date drivers for your notebook. For your ATI card only modded drivers will work...(oh, ok, this you knew too^^)
Heute mit Notebooks nur noch von Berufswegen beschäftigt. Aktuell: Lenovo T480s

XPenetrator

Here are a few things you could try besides the stuff Archer suggested and you already tried:

- Disable the cardreader in the BIOS. Cardreaders are known to cause DPC spikes.
- Deactivate the DVD drive in Device Manager. I can't remember if it was the Studio, but one Dell had a problem with a certain (TSS or something) DVD drive model. The ATAPI.SYS driver observation from the other thread points to this too.

Skim-reading the other thread in the N.I. forums, I know you tried already removing the battery. You should also

- Deactivate the 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery' driver in Device Manager. This is one of the culprits on some Dell models.

On my Vostro it made also a difference if I only turned off the WLAN or if I deactivated it as well in Device manager. The Studio seems to behave pretty differently DPC-wise but maybe one of these things help. Besides that, I don't know if you're currently running Vista or XP but disabling Superfetch (known to cause trouble with audio on some systems) in Vista and disabling a lot of services in 'Administration Tools'->'Services' in both Vista and XP could help too. Good luck!

Edit: I forgot to mention that the NIC (the normal LAN card) apparently turned out to be a problem in one of the 12 gazillion "Halp! My Dell doesn't work with low latency audio!"-threads I've read, so

- Disable the network adapter in the BIOS or deactivate it in Device Manager.

Bluescreen

Ich hänge mich einfach mal an diesen Thread ran.

Durch einen Flüssigkeitsschaden (Rotwein bleibt besser in der Flasche und hat in einem Studio17 definitiv nichts zu suchen) kam mein Notebook in die Reperatur.
Vorher sah das mit DPC Latency Checker genauso aus, wie oben auf der Grafik darhestellt.

Bei der Reperatur wurden das Board, der Prozessor und die Tastatur ausgetausch. Darüberhinaus wahrscheinlich wurden auch noch die Treiber angepasst (schätze ich jetzt einfach mal).

Jedenfalls habe ich jetzt keinen einzigen roten Balken mehr :o 8)

Also grundsätzlich ist es auch unter Vista möglich mit den Latenzen unten zu bleiben....

Kann jemand das ins Englische übersetzen, ich will mich nicht lächerlich machen ;)
Dell Studio1735,T9500,4 Gb Ram, 320GB HDD(5400RPM),LED-TFT,BackLit Tastatur,Fingerprint Reader,AVerMedia, Card, 9Zellen Akku

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview